Many consider working in the timber industry unethical because of the usage of natural material, but it doesn’t have to be. At Renaissance Parquet, we have taken a number of steps in our operational chain to give utmost importance to sustainable practices and longevity.
1. We only use glues that are free of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
2. We only use timbers that are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
3. Our manufacturing site in Melbourne is completely Solar powered. Allowing us to offset a considerable amount of energy usage for the production of timber flooring.
4. We do not let our wood cut-offs go to waste, we recycle the waste wood and convert it into compressed briquettes and kindling to be used as bio fuel for BBQs, Pizzerias, wood fired ovens and open fire pits.
Our compressed briquettes and kindling product IL BRICCHETTO, has received some great feedback from our pizzeria and wood fired oven clients, mainly regarding its natural, untreated and high combustion rate which makes it perfect for cooking, and an economical alternative to coal and other bio fuel products available in the market.
5. In order to reduce waste from our job at M+ Museum Hong Kong, we reused and up cycled the cardboard boxes to be used as packaging for our compressed briquettes bio fuel product, IL BRICCHETTO
6. Our industry leading heavy-duty temporary floor protection product SupaBord is made from 100% recycled cardboard and can be reused. It is also completely biodegradable which allows it to be used at various DIY and gardening projects.
Given our scale of operation, our actions in order to achieve a more climate-friendly future has had a huge impact. We as a company have taken practical steps towards reducing our environmental footprint and promoting sustainable practices.