Renaissance Parquet specialises in French Oak parquet and solid timber flooring, with its sister company Windsor Parquet manufacturing and installing Australian hardwoods.
Renaissance Parquet was founded by Hans Unger in 2005. Hans had been working alongside his father, Hans Senior of Caulfield Floors for many years. He began working for his father during school holidays, laying and sanding floors.
When Caulfield Floors was finishing up in 2004, Hans took the opportunity to open the doors of Renaissance Parquet to provide unique quality flooring to clients who wanted flooring to be a big feature of their home.
Wood has been in the Unger family for almost a century with their beginnings in Europe, where they owned and operated mills and joinery businesses since the early 1800’s. The tradition continues on with Hans Junior son Karl, aged 10, learning and working with timber in our factory based in Highett.
We are based in Melbourne, we sell and install floors worldwide. We pride ourselves in manufacturing high end custom crafted wood floors. Our belief is that there are no boundaries and no limits.
The founding concept of our floors came from the old parquet found in Chateaux and old country houses in France. It took research into the ancient methods of fashioning and maintaining old floors, coupled with the technology of today to recreate the style. Hans spent time going to Europe to learn techniques from best craftsmen in France.
Today, what distinguish Renaissance Parquet is not only the unique textures and finishes but the fact that we specialise in working directly with the client. We have built over time a strong network with architects, interior designers or builders. We assist our clients with a premium service to achieve the right design from selection to installation.
French Oak Specialists
Renaissance Parquet manufacturer of high-end custom hand-crafted parquet and floors. Based in Melbourne Australia, selling and installing worldwide.
Our services include:
- Installation to any subfloor including heated concrete
- Custom design to suit any requirement
- Insurance quotes and repairs
We supply to:
- Residential: full range of patterns and products to suit all budgets
- Commercial: tailored products to suit specific demands
- Developers/Traders: cost effective supply & installation packages
Our finishes include:
- Stain finish: from white to black using high quality white base & oil products
- Water base non-toxic finishes
- Natural oil & wax finishes
- Wire brushing, board scraping, distressing, smoking and steaming of oak